Our client is a top tier global strategy house that serve the world’s top institutions and they are increasingly demanding practical strategies.
If you have bold ideas and want the opportunity to work with really smart, motivated high achievers who help senior clients solve their most difficult problems and enjoy working in a dynamic and fun environment.
Job Description of Director
As a Director, you will play a key part in influencing and shaping the strategic development of the wider team. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Client Delivery: Developing productive and lasting client relationships at all levels by identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities. Managing the project team to deliver large projects, driving conclusions, and reviewing and challenging the output produced by the team.
- Business Development: Supporting the Partner team in proactively leading the practice by shaping strategy, driving the development of new business in the market, and providing technical insight across disciplines including business strategy, market growth strategy and route to market strategy
- Thought Leadership: Being a thought leader in Retail & Consumer banking strategy and viewed by clients as an expert who they turn to for help and advice on their most difficult Also something about understanding of current topics, priorities, important trends.
- Practice Development: Developing propositions that deploy company capabilities to address key client challenges. Working as part of the practice leadership team to direct and support recruitment, on boarding and ongoing mentoring and coaching of our people.
The ideal candidate would be interested in either progressing their career to the next level with an aim of becoming a candidate for partnership or a developing as a subject matter expert.
- Ability to demonstrate functional expertise across a range of Retail and Consumer Banking areas with a deep focus on one or more of business Market Growth Strategy, Organisational Capabilities Development, Strategic Cost Reduction and Digital Disruption
- Ideally have a clear record of achievement and progression in a leading consulting firm with experience of working in the Retail & Consumer banking sectors
- Thought leader in Retail & Consumer banking strategy space who is viewed by clients as an expert who they turn to for help and advice on their most difficult issues
- Exceptional analytical skills with documented experience of the ability to solve unstructured problems involving large amounts of quantitative data with a structured and hypothesis driven approach
- Excellent client handling skills with experience of leading large scale strategy and transformational change programmes
- Intellectually curious, demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Strong change and people leadership skills, track record of successful change execution and an exemplary track record in providing client satisfaction
- A strong team player with dedication to joint success and shared development
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability and flexibility to operate successfully from boardroom to shop floor
- Educated to post-graduate level
- Ranked as the number one global consulting organisation in 2016 – excellent brand
- Much better work/life balance compared with MBB
- Tailored training and mentoring
- Opportunity to join a team of extremely bright and experienced people
- Excellent culture - Strong advocates for diversity and inclusion ‘doing the right thing’ - genuinely an enjoyable and sociable place to work
- Strong focus on work life balance
- Traditional Partnership
- Great Diversity - 1st company in the UK to publish gender pay